BEEF AMPALAYA- is a dish also known Ampalaya con Carne composed of beef strips and ampalaya
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
BEEF AMPALAYA INGREDIENTS:
- 250 grams lean beef, thinly sliced into strips (for easy cooking)
- 1 large size, ampalaya, split in halve de-seaded, sliced crosswise
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/8 teaspoon msg
- 1/2 cup water
1. Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in cooking oil.
2. When the oil is hot enough, sauté the garlic and onion.
3. Put-in beef strips, stir fry until brown or tender (under medium heat).
4. Add the msg, salt, black ground pepper, soy sauce and stir, add sliced bitter gourd (ampalaya) and water, then simmer 5-10 minutes (under medium heat).
5. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate then serve.
6. Share and enjoy!