BEEF STEAK- is comprised of thinly sliced beef cooked in soy sauce and lemon juice and garnished with onion rings. The meat is first marinated with kalamansi juice, soy sauce, black pepper and msg, before it is quickly pan fried just until cooked and topped with lightly onion rings.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
BEEF STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 400 grams beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 7 pieces calamansi or 1 piece lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large white onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin
- 1 cup water
1. Marinade beef in soy sauce, calamansi or lemon, msg and ground black pepper for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the marinated beef (without the marinade) until color turns brown (cook under low fire).
3. In the same pan where the marinated beef were fried, put-in the garlic then saute for a few minutes together with the fried beef.
4. Pour the marinade then add water ( once it boiled lower the heat) and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender.(Turn off the fire)
5. Add the white onions.
6. Ready to serve.