is a pork cooked in coconut milk with shrimp paste and chilies. This is a popular Filipino dish especially in Bicol Region.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
BICOL EXPRESS INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups coconut milk or 1 can
- 1/2 kilogrampork, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoon Shrimp Paste
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 pieces chili finger
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 5 red chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 black ground Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon msg
- 10 pieces beans
1. Heat pan, put-in oil then sauté the garlic and onion.
2. Add the pork, stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown.
3. Add the shrimp paste, black ground pepper, msg, and stir.
4. Add the chili finger, red hot pepper and beans followed by the coconut milk
5. Mix all the ingredients well and simmer for 15 20 minutes or until sauce is thicken (under medium heat).
6. Serve Hot. Enjoy!
Bicol Express Photo Gallery