BUKO PANDAN: it is a favorite Filipino salad served in almost every kind of party and special occasions in the Philippines. It is made using young coconut and buko pandan flavor and aroma.
At first glance, this sumptuous dessert can be mistaken for Buko Salad because of the similarity in texture and dairy ingredients used. However, the green gelatin and green nata de coco which contains the aroma and flavor of the Pandan gives the distinction.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 6-10
BUKO PANDAN INGREDIENTS:
- 1 sachet of jelly powder mix with buko pandan flavor( or without pandan flavor as long that you have buko pandan extract)
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan extract
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 bottle of green nata de coco
- 1 bottle of coconut stings, sweetened (or fresh coconut strings)
- 2 packs of Nestle Cream
- 1 can of Condensed Milk
1. Pour water then slowly sprinkle powdered gelatin then stir constanly.( apply heat)
2. Add Buko Pandan liquid then stir until everything is evenly distributed. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring. Then add sugar and evaporated milk (reboil)
3. Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture to a mold. Allow the temperature to cool. The texture of the mixture should be firm once cooled. Slice the firm gelatin into small cubes
4. Combine, drained green nata de coco, drained coconut strings, nestle cream, condensed milk (about 1/2 can of it), then mix well.
5. Allow the texture to thicken by chilling in the refrigerator or freezer for a few hours.
6. Transfer to individual serving bowl or cups then top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream (optional).
7. Serve for dessert. Share and enjoy!