is a variation of the “Ginataang Manok” (chicken cooked in coconut milk). Additional vegetables like potato, carrots and green bell pepper were added and the taste was spiced-up to increase flavor. This dish is a combination of curry powder and coconut creme to give this dish a rich, creamy, and very spicy flavor that you would expect from this awesome curry dish.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
CHICKEN CURRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 kilograms chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 Medium potato, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 cups coconut milk ( or 1 can coconut creme)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 small carrots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon msg or vetsin
- 1/4 teaspoon blackpepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
1. In a large pan, saute the garlic and onion. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continously.
2. Add the salt, msg, black ground pepper then mix, add curry powder (stir).
3. Add the first cup of coconut milk, stir, and cook for a minute until chicken is partly cook.
4. Add the potatoes, carrots and green bell pepper, 2nd cup of coconut milk and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Serve hot with rice.
Chicken Curry Pinoy Style Photos