CHICKEN MORCON– is a meat roll stuffed with sausage or hotdogs, carrots, pickles, cheese, and egg. This is considered as a filipino holiday dish and is usually served during Christmas and New Year’s eve.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
CHICKEN MORCON INGREDIENTS:
- 3 pieces Large size Thigh chicken fillet
- 1 carrot
- 3 strips of cheddar cheese
- 3 pieces ham
- 3 pieces red hotdog
- 2 pieces hard boiled egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon catsup
- Marinate the chicken in soy sauce pineapple juice, catsup, salt, garlic, onion, black ground pepper for atleast 30 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a flat surface and stuff with the hotdogs, ham, carrot, cheese and egg on one side.
- Roll the chicken enclosing the fillings and tie with cooking string to ensure that the meat will not open-up.
- Transfer the stuffed chicken in a casserole and pour-in the marinade, water and simmer until the chicken is tender (about 15-20 minutes)
- Fry the simmered meat for at least 3-5 minutes both sides.
- Remove the string and slice into serving pieces
- Place in a serving dish and add the sauce that was left over from the casserole.