is a dish made-up of meat cooked with different kinds of vegetables bound in a starch-thickened sauce. This dish is considered to be of Chinese origin.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
- 1/4 kilo pork, cut into small cubes
- 100 grams of button mushroom, thin slices
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc. medium sized carrots, half round thin slices
- 1/4 kilo cabbage, chopped into squares
- 1/4 kilo cauliflower, break into flowerettes
- 15 pieces string beans
- 2 pcs. bell pepper, red & green, big slices
- 1 chicken or pork broth cube
- 3 tablespoons oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 medium sayote
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
1. Saute the garlic and onion
2. Add pork meat and saute for 3 minutes until brown.
3. Add the mushroom, carrots, sayote, beans,
4. Add chicken broth cube, salt, black pepper, oyster sauce mix well, add cauliflower, bell pepper, stir then add water. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.(medium heat)
5. Put-in the cabbage then stir well.
6. Dilute the cornstarch in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk then pour mixture in the pot. Stir well.
7. Serve hot and Enjoy!