is a Pinoy dish consisting of deep fried fried pork legs “Pata” served with a soy-vinegar and garlic dip or Mang Tomas sauce.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS:3-4
CRISPY PATA INGREDIENTS:
- 1 whole front pork knuckle – cleaned, cut the toes
- 8 cups of water (for boiling)
- 1 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leafs
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 stalk onion leaks
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1/8 teaspoon msg
- 4 cups of oil for deep-frying
1. In a pressure cooker put-in water, add msg, bay leaf, garlic, onions, salt, , black ground pepper, pork broth cube, celery, and onion leaks.
2. Add the pork leg.
3. Cover and pressure cook for 30-45 minutes or until pork is tender.
4. Remove the tender leg from the pressure cooker and set aside until the temperature goes down.
5. Heat a large cooking pot (preferably with cover) and pour-in cooking oil.
6. Deep-fry pork until golden brown and crispy.
7. Continue cooking in medium heat until one side becomes crispy, and then cautiously flip the leg to crisp the other side.
Note: Be extra careful in doing this procedure.
8.Turn-off the heat; remove the crispy pork leg; and transfer it to a wide serving plate.
9. Serve with the sauce.
Crispy Pata Photo Gallery