GINATAANG HALO HALO- is a Pinoy dessert dish cooked in coconut milk . This is composed of different tubers such as sweet potato, kamoteng kahoy and taro root. Aside from the tubers, other ingredients include plantains or saging na saba, tapioca pearls or sago, sweet corn and glutinous rice balls (bilo-bilo).
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4-6
GINATAANG HALO HALO INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (kamote), diced
- 1 cup taro roots (gabi), diced
- 1 1/2 kamoteng kahoy diced
- 1 1/4 cup plantains (saging na saba), diced
- 1 cups small tapioca pearls,(sago) cooked
- 2 cups glutinous rice or malagkit balls (bilo-bilo)
- 2 cups granulated white sugar (just add to your taste preference)
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water (for making bilo bilo)
- 1 cup of corn kernel or sweet corn
1. Pour 4 cups of coconut milk in a large cooking pot and apply heat. Put-in kamoteng kahoy, taro roots (gabi), sweet potatoes. Let boil for 10-15 minutes or until tubers cook.
2. Add glutinous rice balls (stir), plantains or saging na saba, sweet corn, , tapioca pearls, and sugar. Stir then wait until it re-boils for 5-10 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and transfer to a bowl.
4. Serve either hot or cold. Share and enjoy!