GINATAANG KALABASA WITH SITAW – is a combination of squash and string beans and simmered in coconut milk. Add with pork or shrimp or crab make the recipe more delicious.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
GINATAANG KALABASA WITH SITAW INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 squash(kalabasa), peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 bundle string beans(sitaw), cut in 3 inches long.
- 1/ 4 kilo pork sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 can coconut milk (1 and 1/2 cup coconut milk)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 pork broth cube
- 2 pieces chili finger (siling haba)
1. In a saucepan, heat cooking oil saute garlic, onions and fry pork meat until color turns to light brown.
2. Add the squash and string beans.Put-in with pork broth cube, fish sauce and chili finger then mix well.
3. Pour in coconut milk (stir) and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables cook. (cook under medium heat)
4. Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy.