is a Pinoy dish wherein toasted Mung beans(monggo) and sticky rice are cooked in coconut milk, evaporated milk sugar.
This dish is almost the same as that of Ginataang Mais, except that the later uses corn. Ginataang Monggo is usually eaten as dessert or a snack during the afternoon. It is best served warm.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
GINATAANG MONGGO INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup Mung beans
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk<
- 1 cup sticky rice, washed (malagkit)
- 1 cup white sugar (just add more to your taste preference)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Heat a pan and put-in the Mung beans. Toast the Mung beans until brown.(low heat)
- Turn-off heat and let the mung beans cool down.
- Crack the toasted mung beans
- Put in water in a cooking pot then add in sticky rice. Let boil. (under medium heat)
- Add the toasted Mung beans, sugar, coconut milk then stir. Cook in low heat for 15 to 18 minutes while stirring once in a while, or until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate. Add evaporated milk as toppings.