is a Pinoy dish made from a coconut-based sauce, tulingan and chopped vegetables. “Tulingan” refers to small, young tuna fish “Skipjack tuna”. It has a sour creamy consistency with a soft sweetness from fresh ginger.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
GINATAANG TULINGAN INGREDIENTS:
- 500 grams Tulingan fish (Skipjack tuna)
- 4 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Onions chopped
- 1 small Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 1/4 black ground pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 1 pieces medium eggplant
- 3 pieces chili finger
- 1 bunch bokchoy (or malunngay leaves)
1. In a pot arrange sliced tulingan side by side , put in garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, salt, msg and vinegar.
2. Simmer under medium heat for atleast 10-15 minutes or until vinegar is evaporated.
3. Add coconut milk, chili finger, eggplant, and bokchoy then simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thicken.(Under medium heat)
4. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!!!