LECHE FLAN -
also known as caramel custard is a favorite and popular dessert in the Philippines. It is a dessert made-up of egg yolks and milk with a caramel syrup on top.This dessert is known throughout the world (especially in Europe) and has been in the dessert menu of most restaurants because of its convenience and easy in preparation and long shelf life.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
LECHE FLAN INGREDIENTS:
- 12-15 egg yolks
- 1 cans condensed milk (JUST ADD TO TO YOUR TASTE PREFERENCE)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 5 tablespoon brown sugar
- 5 pcs calamansi or 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
You will also need the following:
- Llanera (Aluminum Container)
- Mixing Bowl
1. Separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
2. Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
3. Add the evaporated milk and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the condensed milk and mix well.
Caramelized Syrup: In a pan, put-in brown sugar, do not stir, caramelize in low heat if you don’t want it burnt. Add the calamansi juice ( add water if desired) just swirl the pan gently. Mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color.
5. Put-in and spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold.
6. Wait for 1 minute then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold (Llanera).
7. Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 45 minutes.
8. After steaming, wait until temperature cool down then refrigerate.
9. Serve for dessert. Share and Enjoy!
Leche Flan (Caramel Custard) Photo Gallery