MACARONI SOUP- popularly known as Sopas. This is probably the Filipino equivalent of chicken noodle soup. The difference is that it has milk that adds flavor, vegetables such as carrot, cabbage, onion leaks, and celery.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 5-6
MACARONI SOUP INGREDIENTS:
- 100 grams ground pork
- 2 pieces chicken thigh choppped thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves bruised
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup macaroni pasta
- 6 cups water
- 1 medium carrot peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery (leaves included) sliced thinly
- 2 stalks onion leaks
- 1 medium cabbage chopped
- 1 cup evaporated milk
1. Melt the butter then saute garlic and onion over medium heat.
2. Add ground pork, chicken and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add black ground pepper, chicken broth cube, salt and macaroni pasta, water then cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. (stirring is needed)
4. Add the carrots, celery, onion leaks, cabbage and evaporated milk.
5. Boil for 1-2 minutes.( do not over cooked vegetables)
6. Serve hot. Enjoy!