NILAGANG BABOY- is a traditional dish in the Philippines that you will ever encounter it’s so simple it’s just meat boiled water with vegetables of your choice.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
NILAGANG BABOY INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 kilogram Pork (choices of belly, hocks, neck or any bony parts of pork), cut into serving pieces
- 1 liter of water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (whole)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 medium size cabbage (chopped into 6 pieces)
- 3 small potatoes (chopped into 4 pieces each)
- 100 grams beans
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pork broth cube
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 pieces green and red bell pepper
1. In a large pot, boil the pork with water, garlic, onions, salt, msg, pork broth cubes. Cover and let it boil under meat is tender.
2. Add potatoes, let boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the beans, cabbage and green and red bell pepper boil until vegetables are cooked.
4. Serve hot.