is so easy to cook, the only thing that is time consuming is the simmering of the beef bones and beef ribs. It is literally translated as “Boiled Beef“.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 5-6
NILAGANG BAKA INGREDIENTS:
- 1 kilogram beef ribs cut into chunky cubes
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coarse table salt
- 3-4 bunches of petchay (pak choy), trimmed and rinsed
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
- 1/2 kilograms cabbage, trimmed and cut roughly into big pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch onion leeks
- 2 liters of water
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin
- 1 beef broth cube
1. In a big casserole or pressure cooker, put water then add the beef ribs, onions, garlic and, peppercorn, salt, msg.
2. Pressure cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until the beef is tender( when using pressure cooker.
3. Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
4. Add the beef broth cube for more taste then add the cabbage, chili finger then add pechay and onion leeks. (Do not over cook the vegetables).
5. Remove from heat then serve hot.
Nilagang Baka Photo Gallery