PAKSIW NA BANGUS:
Paksiw na Bangus Recipe also known as Milkfish Stewed in Vinegar is the easiest and most common way of cooking Bangus (Milkfish) in the Philippines.
Milkfish, is the national fish of the Philippines, there are countless ways to cook the bangus just get your imagination and resourcefulness working and you will discover a new original bangus dish. In Pangasinan they even have a Dagupan Bangus Festival held every year.
In cooking Paksiw you can also use other fish like tuna, Tilapia, or Galunggong if Bangus is not available. Enjoy this Paksiw na Bangus Recipe from Pinoy Recipe.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
PAKSIW NA BANGUS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Big Bangus ( Milkfish ), scaled, cleaned, cut into 3-4 slices
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, chopped
- 2 pieces finger chilies (siling haba)
- 1 piece small, round eggplant, quartered
- 1 piece small ampalaya chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Clean the bangus by removing the scales. Rinse and cut crosswise into 3 steak pieces. Pat dry.
- Arrange the fish, eggplant, bittermelon, onion, garlic and ginger, green chillies in a cooking pot.
- Add salt, msg, pepper. Pour the water, vinegar and oil into the pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.