PATA TIM or PAKSIW NA PATA-
It is a kind of Filipino dish made by braising ham hocks in a vinegar, soy sauce, pineapple juice and sugar mixture until they’re tender and the sauce is gelatinous and thick.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
PATA TIM or PAKSIW NA PATA INGREDIENTS:
- 4-5 pieces Ham Hocks or Pata, cut 2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 2 pcs. bayleaf(Laurel leaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2-3 cups of water (using pressure cooker)
- 1/4 cup dried banana blossoms(Bulaklak ng Saging)
1. In a pressure cooker heat oil then saute garlic and onions.
2. Add in Ham Hocks or Pata pork, salt, msg, bay leaf and black ground pepper then stir for 5 minutes.
3. Add water, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, pineapple juice, water and pressure cook for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
4. Add the banana blossom then simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Ready to serve.