– is a noodle dish with smoked fish flakes and chicharon sauce and topped with several ingredients such as cooked shrimp, boiled egg, spring onion or onion leaks, calamansi. A very tasty treat that is sure to relieve your hunger.
There are other noodle dishes that are similar to this. Pancit Luglog and Pancit Malabon are the ones that come close to the taste and appearance (the only difference would be the noodle and some ingredients as well as some preparation steps.
It’s also very popular for birthdays. Some poeple have thier own versions of pancit palabok, this is my version of pancit palabok.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4-6
- 250 grams palabok noodles
- 200 grams ground pork
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup tinapa or smooked fish flakes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1/4 cup atchuete soak in 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup chicharon powder or chicharon pounded [you can get this from the store]
- hard boiled eggs sliced
- chopped spring onions
- sliced calamansi
- Cook noodles for 15-20 minutes and drain well.
- Saute, garlic, onion, add ground pork and stir fry until brown.
- Add tinapa or smoked fish flakes, annato liquid extract, water and chicken broth cube then bring to boil.
- Add chicharon powder or pounded chicharon, then simmer until sauce is thicken.( just add cornstarch dilluted in water if the sauce is not thick)
- Add cooked noodles then mix well until sauce evaporated.
- Remove from heat, put it in a plate and top with garnishing. (onion leaks or spring onion, slice boiled egg and calamansi. Then serve and enjoy.