PININYAHANG MANOK-is a dish made out of chicken that cooked together with pineapple juice, chunks, evaporated milk, nestle cream to thicken the sauce and other vegetables such as celery, carrots and onions and bell pepper. This dish is literally translates to pineapple chicken.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
PININYAHANG MANOK INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 kilogramas chicken thigh and leg, cut into serving portions
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, canned
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sized carrot, wedged
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon msg or vetsin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup nestle cream
- 1 cup pineapple juice
1. Pour the cooking oil in a heated cooking pot. Sauté the garlic and onion(until light brown).
2. Put-in the chicken cuts and cook until color of the outer part turns light brown.
3. Add salt, msg, black ground pepper, and chicken broth cube mix well.
4. Add the pineapple juice, simmer for 15-20 minutes under medium heat.
5. Add the evaporated milk, pineapple chunks, carrots, green bell pepper, celery and nestle cream, stir well and simmer until the sauce is thicken (about 10-15 minutes under medium fire).
6. Turn off heat, remove from the cooking pot and transfer to a serving dish.
7. Serve hot. Share and enjoy!