POCHERO-is a dish made with pork, cooked in tomato sauce with assorted vegetables such as potato, sweet potato, banana, baguio beans, and pechay or bokchoy.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
- 500 grams pork pata slice (pork belly and ribs may also be used)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 10 to 15 pieces baguio beans
- 1 bunch bokchoy or pechay, roots removed
- 1 small sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4-6 pieces banana (saba) or plantain bananas, peeled and cut diagonally into 2
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for sauteing
- 2 small potato
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1/4 black ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon msg
1. In a pot or casserole, heat oil and brown garlic and onion.
2. Put-in pork, stir fry until brown, then add salt, msg, black ground pepper and pork broth cube, stir constantly (mix well).
3. Add tomato sauce, stir then add water. Simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat is tender (medium heat upon boil).
4. Add sweet potato, potato and plantain bananas then simmer again for about 5-10 minutes or until cook. Put-in baguio beans.
5. Add bokchoy or pechay, then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Ready to serve.