– is a sweet dish made out of marinated pork and it is originally a Chinese recipe that has its own Filipino version.
Unlike Chicken Asado, which is its name counterpart, Pork Asado has contrasting ingredients and method of preparation.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
PORK ASADO INGREDIENTS:
- 700 grams pork
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 30 grams butter
1. Combine soy sauce, salt, msg, garlic, black ground pepper, oregano powder, paprika powder, brown sugar and pineapple juice then mix well.
2. Marinade the pork in the combined mixture.( for better taste and result marinade for at least 1 hour)
3. Heat a cooking pot then put-in the butter, allow to melt then fry the pork both side until it brown.
4. Add the marinade. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until sauce is thicken.
5. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce then serve.