PORK CALDERETA -
is a tomato-based meat stew with potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and usually uses coconut milk to thicken the sauce. It’s a popular dish in the Philippines, especially during big occasions like weddings, fiesta or even birthdays.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
PORK CALDERETA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 kilograms pork cut into cubes or serving pieces
- 3 pieces potato, cut into cubes
- 3 pieces carrot, cut into cubes
- 2 pieces green bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon msg to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt (just add to your taste preference)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Saute garlic, onions until browned.
2. Add the pork (you can used pork belly, loin, or ribs) stir fry until browned.
3. Add soy sauce, pepper, salt, msg and black ground pepper mix together.
4. Add the tomato paste then add water(mix well) and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add potato, carrots, green and red bell pepper, brown sugar and coconut milk then stir well and simmer for another 15- 20 minutes until the meat and other ingredients are tender (under medium heat).
6. Remove from heat and serve.
Pork Caldereta Photo Gallery