– is a tomato base pork stew usually mixed with peas. This dish is similar to Pork Menudo and Pork Afritada, but some ingredients vary.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4-6
PORK GUISANTES INGREDIENTS:
- 700 grams pork, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 14 ounce (canned) sweet peas or 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup tomatoe sauce
- 1 medium carrots sliced into strips
- 1 large red and green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 cup water
1. Heat the pan and pour-in cooking oil, saute garlic and onions
2. Put-in the pork and stir fry for 3 to 5 minutes
3. Add salt, msg, bay leaf, black ground pepper and stir fry for 3-5minutes.
4. Add guisantes or green peas, soy sauce, carrots, green and red bell pepper, tomato sauce, brown sugar, liver spread then mix well.
5. Add water and simmer until the pork is tender. (usually 15 to 30 minutes under medium heat)
6. Turn the heat off, and then transfer to a serving plate.
7. Serve, share and enjoy!