is popular in the southern parts of the Philippines. This dish is sweet pork that resembles almost the pork adobo
in terms of appearance. Pork belly, pork hocks, and pork ham that cut into adobo size are the 3 most common pig parts used to make this dish.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 2-3
PORK HUMBA INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 kilo pork ( Pork belly, pork hocks, and pork ham cut into adobo size)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pcs. star anis
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin
1. Marinate pork in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, msg or vetsin, ground pepper salt in a bowl.
2. Heat the cooking pan then add the marinated pork stir until it brown (cook under medium heat).
3. Add the star anis and brown sugar.
4. Add water then cover the pan and let boil in medium fire for 25 minutes then (add water as needed) or until pork totally absorbed the sauce and produce its natural oil.
5. Serve hot share and enjoy.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.