PORK MENUDO -
is a pork stew combined with vegetable and and many spices. It is also a favorite Filipino dish which can be served on a day-to-day meal or for gatherings or special occasions. This sounds like Spanish food but it’s actually Filipino style.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 4-6
PORK MENUDO INGREDIENTS:
- 400 grams pork, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 medium size onions, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 red and green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (just add to you taste preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small can liver spread
- 1 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoon cheese
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits or chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon msg (just add to you taste preference)
1. In a cooking pot, saute garlic and onion in melted butter add pork and stir.
2. Add black ground pepper, salt, msg, soy sauce and stir fry for 5 minutes ( under medium heat).
3. Add the pork liver, then add potatoes, carrots, green red bell pepper and stir, then add pineapple, cheese, liver spread, brown sugar tomato sauce, and water. Mix well.
4. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until pork and other ingredients are tender (medium heat).
5. Ready to serve.
Pork Menudo Photo Gallery