PORK STEAK- it is dish that are often stewed or simmered in marinade sauce during cooking. It is a variation of Bistek Tagalog. The procedure and some ingredients are almost the same, the meat is the only the difference of the two.
Although I used pork chops in this dish, you can use cut from the loin, leg or shoulder or any part of the pig if you desire as long as they are sliced thinly and properly.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-4
PORK STEAK INGREDIENTS:
- 4 pieces pork chops
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 1/2 teaspoon black ground
- 10 pieces caamansi (juice extracted) or 1 piece lemon
- 1 tablespoon granulated brown sugar
- 3 stalks spring onions (chopped)
- 1 large onions, sliced into cirlce
1. Marinate pork chops in soy sauce, garlic, salt, msg, black ground pepper and calamansi juice in a large bowl or container. (Marinade for at least 1/2 hour if needed).
2. Heat a pan then pour-in cooking oil. Pan-fry the marinated pork chops in low heat for 5-10 minutes per side (slow cook).
3. Pour-in the remaining marinade, brown sugar and let boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pork is tender. Note: Add water as needed.
4. Put-in the spring onions, onions then turn-off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
5. Serve. Share and enjoy!