FILIPINO STYLE SPAGHETTI SAUCE-
This version of Spaghetti requires the use of sugar, tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce, banana ketchup, red hotdogs and ground pork or beef. It might some peculiar to some but these ingredients brings up a whole new flavor that is totally Filipino.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 5-10
- 5oo grams ground pork
- 2 tablespoon
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pork broth cube
- 1/4 black ground pepper
- 8 pieces hotdog sliced
- 250 grams ham
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups UFC Banana Ketchup..(tamis anghang banana catsup)
- 1 medium carrots grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
1. In a large sauce pan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion.
2. Add the ground meat, season with salt, msg, soy sauce, pork broth cube and black ground pepper. Cook meat until brown while stirring occasionally.
3. Add hotdog, sweet ham then mix well. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce, catsup, carrots, red bell pepper, cheese, brown sugar and water.(Just add sugar if you prefer a sweeter sauce) Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes while stirring occasionally.
5. Taste to check if it needs more seasoning.