UBE HALAYA- is a Filipino dessert made from boiled and mashed purple yam or they called it in the Philippines as “Ube”. The texture is a little chewy and creamy, and the flavor of the Ube should stand out.
In this presentation, I used a fresh ube that I bought from the market. For those who are using uncooked purple yam, simply boil and mash them before proceeding with the steps below.
NUMBER OF SERVINGS: 3-5
UBE HALAYA INGRDIENTS:
- 1 kilogram uncooked purple yam, (boiled then grated, shredded, or mashed)
- 1 can condensed milk (300ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams butter
- 1 can evaporated milk (400ml)
- 1 cup white sugar
- Boiled the uncooked jam until tender then grated or mashed.
- Heat a cooking pot then put-in the butter and let it melt.
- Add the, evaporated milk, condensed milk and sugar, vanilla extract then stir well.
- Put-in the purple yam then stir occasionally until the texture of the mixture becomes really thick (about 15 to 20 minutes under low fire)
- Transfer the mixture to a mold or any container and let the temperature cool down.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then serve.
- Share and enjoy!